If you are suffering from missing, broken, or failing teeth, you are not alone. According to the American College of Prosthodontists, 120 million Americans are estimated to be missing at least one tooth, with 36 million missing all their teeth in one or both of their jaws.
Along with many oral health complications that are common with severe tooth loss and decay, many patients report lowered self-esteem as well. Napa Sonoma Oral Surgery & Dental Implants can help. We are committed to your oral health and greater well-being — together, we can create a customized treatment plan to achieve your oral health goals while improving the way you feel about your smile.
Dental implants are a popular tooth replacement solution because they offer an option that is permanent and secure while providing a look, feel, and function that is natural. Many patients are happy to discover that they are a good candidate for a dental implant.
Learn more by checking out our Dental Implants FAQ.
A single dental implant is considered a complete tooth replacement solution. It helps to understand the three parts to a dental implant:
- The titanium dental implant post. This is the part that is surgically placed into the jaw bone to create the new tooth’s root. Over time, the implant post will fuse with the jaw bone through a process called osseointegration, which is why dental implants are so strong and secure!
- The abutment. This is the piece that ensures your new prosthetic tooth or teeth are held in place. The abutment connects the implant to the crown.
- The crown. This prosthesis is the visible part of the tooth and is custom-made to naturally blend in with the rest of your smile. Once the crown is placed, the results are permanent, functional, and completely natural-looking. Get ready to smile!
Dr. Boynton practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery, including dental implant placement. He works with every dental implant patient to ensure they receive a customized tooth replacement treatment plan, including in-office anesthesia options such as IV sedation. Whether you are considering a single dental implant, multiple implants, full-arch restoration, or something else, Napa Sonoma Oral Surgery & Dental Implants can find the treatment option that is right for you.
Listen to stories from some of our dental implant patients.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are a very popular tooth replacement solution, providing strength, durability, and a natural-looking result. But dental implants can also improve oral health, too! The following are some of the key benefits of dental implants:
- Strong and permanent. The dental implant post fuses with the jaw bone for supreme strength and durability. In addition, when dental implants are properly taken care of, they can last a lifetime.
- Balanced facial aesthetics. The crown is a custom-made prosthesis that was designed just for you to restore balance to the face and create the most natural look possible.
- Improved self-esteem. Many of our patients tell us how much dental implants have improved their life. We are happy to see our patients smile brightly and with confidence after treatment!
- Eat the foods you love. Dental implants function just like natural teeth. Once your dental implants have healed, you can go ahead and eat the foods you love again.
- Good for bone health. No bone loss here! Because the dental implant post acts as the tooth’s root, it also stimulates the jaw bone underneath to preserve and create new bone.
- Versatile. Patients who are missing one tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire arch of teeth can benefit from dental implants.
- Most patients can be dental implant candidates. Many patients are happy to discover that they are candidates for dental implants. The bone grafting techniques we perform at our practice open up the possibility of implants to almost everyone.
Dr. Boynton is an expert when it comes to dental implant placement and can design a dental implant treatment that is right for you. If you are suffering from tooth loss, we encourage you to contact our office to discuss your options for tooth replacement.
Dental Implant Cost in Sonoma, CA
Napa Sonoma Oral Surgery & Dental Implants in Sonoma, CA, is dedicated to your best outcome. We strive to exceed our patients’ expectations by offering individualized treatment plans, utilizing advanced diagnostic equipment, and providing the highest standard of care — every time. Because we tailor each treatment plan to best suit the needs of the patient, the exact cost of your dental implant treatment will be as unique as your treatment plan. Various factors are considered into the overall cost of your treatment, such as insurance coverage, number of dental implants, and if prior procedures are required (such as bone grafting or tooth extraction).
We strive to provide quality oral and maxillofacial surgery care at a reasonable cost to our patients. We work with several insurance plans and accept many forms of payment to assist in the cost of treatment. Visit our Financial & Insurance Options page to learn more or contact us.
A consultation appointment is the best way to gain the most accurate estimate of your unique treatment plan. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Boynton, please request an appointment.
The Value of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an ideal tooth replacement solution for many reasons. They offer the look, feel, and function of natural teeth while achieving the security and permanence that traditional dentures cannot. Dr. Boynton at Napa Sonoma Oral Surgery & Dental Implants practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery at his practice in Sonoma, CA, including dental implants.
Investing in your oral health with dental implants offers many benefits, including
- Strong and permanent. Dental implants offer supreme strength and durability and, if taken care of, can last a lifetime.
- Balanced facial aesthetics. Dental implants restore balance to the face and create the most natural look possible.
- Improved self-esteem. Many of our patients enjoy oral and overall health improvement after receiving dental implants.
- Eat the foods you love. Once the dental implants have healed, patients can eat what they want without the hassle and worry of their prosthesis slipping or falling out.
- Good for bone health. Dental implants improve bone health by stimulating the jaw bone underneath, just like natural teeth.
- Versatile. Whether a patient is missing one tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire arch of teeth, dental implants offer a solution for many patients.
3D Impressions and Planning
We want your treatment at Napa Sonoma Oral Surgery & Dental Implants to be as simple and painless as possible. Utilizing 3D scanning technology such as the 3D cone beam CT scanners and 3D intraoral scanners, we can plan your ideal course of treatment virtually and create surgical guides for dental implant placement. In addition, more complex cases such as advanced bone grafting or full-arch restorations can be planned out using these 3D scanning technologies. Because we get the most comprehensive views of your condition from these scans, not only does your chance for the best possible outcome increase, but the chances of unforeseen complications can be reduced during the procedure.
If you are experiencing tooth loss and would like to explore your tooth replacement options, we encourage you to contact our office in Sonoma, CA. Dr. Boynton will provide a consultation and design a treatment plan that will give you your best result.