Directions Before AnesthesiaBACK
The Evening Before Surgery
- Eat a light dinner.
- Get a good night’s rest.
- No smoking.
The Date of Surgery – Empty Stomach
- If your appointment is before noon, absolutely no foods or liquids (NO WATER).
- If your appointment is in the afternoon, no foods or liquids 8 hours before the appointment (NO WATER).
- No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery or 3 days after surgery.
- Use the restroom before your appointment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery. Please wear a short-sleeved shirt.
- You are not to drive to your appointment.
Important – A Ride Home
A responsible adult must accompany and stay with you the remainder of the day after your procedure. A parent or guardian must accompany minors to the office; written consent is necessary.
- Remove glasses or contacts.
- Remove earrings, necklaces, and tongue studs.
- Remove partial or full dentures.
- Remove nail polish.
If under medical care, please notify our office prior to your procedure.
We Are Here To Help
Please contact our office if you have any questions or issues with these instructions.
Take the instructions on the go. Download in PDF format.